This course will delve into the application of ABA techniques for addressing Anxiety-related issues. It will commence by examining the nature of anxiety and presenting up-to-date statistics pertaining to anxiety prevalence in the United States. Additionally, the course will furnish a concise introduction to the following methodologies: ACT, habit reversal, progressive exposure, and behavioral interventions for selective mutism.
Effectiveness Of Applied Behavior Analysis With Anxiety | Learning BCBA CEU Credits: 5
Dr. Jaime Flowers is a professor of School Psychology at Stephen F. Austin State University. She is a Licensed Educational Psychologist (LEP) in California and Licensed Specialist in School Psychology (LSSP) in Texas, a Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA), and a Nationally Certified School Psychologist (NCSP). Her current research interest includes behavior analytic ethics, and functional behavior analysis in schools.
- Learn the importance of studying anxiety as a BA.
- Learn what ACT is and the current research on ACT.
- Learn what habit reversal is and the current research on habit reversal.
- Learn how to use ABA techniques to intervene with specific phobias.
- Learn how to use ABA techniques to intervene with selective mutism.